BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday 14 August 2010

Spa and Shopping

My step-dad had won a spa day around valentine's day and upon deciding that it really wasn't his thing, said that me and my mum should go. We booked it up a few weeks back and last Friday we went. The treatment included a half hour back, neck and shoulder massage and a half hour facial, plus use of all the facilities and classes for the rest of the day. My mum went first, I slept in a chair in the relaxation room while I waited.

My massage was intense. I don't enjoy massages very much because I have a huge number of back knots. They hurt like hell. Massages and the knots. She was very good though, it hurt, but not as much as it can do and when she was done I felt genuinely relaxed and just better. Afterwards she said that I'd had so many knots she hadn't actually known how she was going to get them all out.

I'm not much for facials either, I have pretty good skin and they tend to make it greasy and then I break out, but again, she pleasantly surprised me and left my skin soft and radiant. Like pregnancy radiant, but without the giant belly. She told my mum that I had lovely skin. She told me I should consider regular massages.

We decided against making the most of the other facilities and instead hit the shops of Cardiff (oh yeah, we were in Wales). I got an incredible pair of heeled boots. They're military lace ups and look so sexy with skinny jeans or a skirt. In fact, they just look good period.

I had a fantastic time with my mum and it just reminded me why I love her so much. Not only is she insanely cool with everything ("you and cam are casual? You mean you're fuck buddies!"), she's done it all before me (I feel like a carbon copy of her most days), but she's just fun to be around. I know I can rely on her and I can tell her anything I want and if I don't want to, she won't push me to. I know it's unusual to have such a good relationship with your mum, but I really wouldn't have it any other way.

0 comments: