BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Recent Events

Recent events have included a shopping trip with a very good friend of mine who bought me several earrings (all odds, about 20) which I now wear constantly. Except for at work, because they're funny about jewellery. Had drinks in town with the Scottish Racist, Sara, J, JJ, the friend who bought me earrings who I'm gonna call Jenna on here because I like the name alongside numerous other unnamed people. It was a good night. I bumped into some of the people from work which was pretty good. I terrified one because I have more than enough information to wreck his relationship and he knows it, which is normally fine, but this time he had his girlfriend with him. I was on my best behaviour. I worked my first night shift which I loved, the hours (10pm to 7am) suit me really well and I just generally enjoy eating between half 12 and half one and again at 3.30 in the morning. A new lesbian drama has started on BBC3 called Lip service, try and catch the first episode on iplayer, it aired last night and it is so, so sexy. I have done some (note, a very small amount) revision and had a meeting at school in regards to resits and  my future. I also went round Lucifers house early last week to try and figure out what to do in that regard. As in my future, because as it stands and as it has stood for quite some time, I actually hate German as a subject. I love the culture, the literature, the music, the people, and even the language, but actually learning it, makes me sick. At least I realised this now and not after I'd started doing German at university.

It does somehow put my plans into jeopardy a little. Short term I was doing a German resit (from which  I have withdrawn) and going to Germany over the winter, plans which have now changed to going to London. Nothing is finalised, but I am looking at rooms and will shortly be contacting work about a transfer to a London branch, any London branch. I know they won't be too hot on the idea, but at least they'd be keeping me within the business. When I was round Lucifer's we talked about travel and other courses. There aren't really any courses I want to do and travelling is a means of getting from A to B. It's not a voyage of self discovery, it's hassle. So that definitely wasn't for me. We did find some travel that appealed a little more than that, but when it came to it, I wasn't sure I really wanted it. Finally I've got a plan shaping up. If I can't get transferred with work I'll only stay in London for 3 months or so and then go visit people and get some temp work and go pride hopping, but if I get permanent work, I think I'll stay in London longer. I'll still visit people, but I'll have a London base. I'll still quit and go pride hopping over the summer. I might do a management degree, I might not, but I'll apply this year regardless.

So despite having something of a plan, it's still a little blurry round the edges. I don't always know what to make of it or where I'm going which is pretty unusual for me, but it's alright. I'm getting there.

0 comments: